CIMPA-UNESCO-MESR-MINECO-VIETNAM research school
Report by Nguyen Viet Dung & Brasselet Jean-Paul
Report by Brigitte Lucquin & Christian Mauduit
Number of participants : 60 including 13 women
The main topics of the school cover Singularities in Geometry and Topology and their applications. More precisely it includes singularities of maps:singularities of polynomial maps, Jacobian conjecture, Milnor fibrations, and singularities of varieties : singularities of real and complex surfaces, characteristic classes, intersection homology, hyperplane arrangements.
Applications to medical imaging, astrophysics, computer vision or robotic will be
original features of the school.
The aim of the school is double : to provide an introduction to some current
problems for postgraduate students, young researchers and mathematicians in the region as well as to present recent advances and perspectives for more specialized researchers.
The aimed region is globally South Asia.
The school will be followed by a 4 days workshop.
Administrative and scientific coordinators :
- Nguyen Viet Dung (Institute of Mathematics, VAST, Hanoï) - Email : vietdung at math.ac.vn
- Brasselet Jean-Paul (IML - Marseille) - Email : jean-paul.brasselet at univ-amu.fr
Scientific Committee :
- Ha Huy Vui, cochair VAST, Hanoï, hhvui at math.ac.vn
- Mutsuo Oka, cochair Tokyo Science University, okamutsuo at gmail.com
- Ta Lê Loi University of Dalat, Dalat, loitl at dlu.edu.vn
- Lê Dung Trang, Professor Emeritus, University of Marseille, ledt at ictp.it
- Bernard Teissier, CNRS Emeritus, Institute of Mathematics, Paris, teissier at math.jussieu.fr
Local organizing committee :
- Nguyen Viet Dung, chair, vietdung at math.ac.vn
- Vu The Khoi, vtkhoi at math.ac.vn
- Pham Tien Son, sonpt at dlu.edu.vn
Date and location :
December 2-14, 2013, Hanoi, Vietnam
Scientific Program :
- Bilipschitz geometry of surface singularities, Anne Pichon, IML, Aix- Marseille University, France
- Introduction to fundamental group of the plane curves, Mutsuo Oka, Tokyo Science University, Japan
- Applications of Legendrian/Lagrangian singularity theory to Lorentz differential geometry, Shyuichi Izumiya, Hokkaido University, Japan
- Various Facets of Arrangements of hyperplanes, Hiroaki Terao, Hokkaido University, Japan
- Some applications of Singularity Theory in Optimizations, Ha Huy Vui, VAST, Vietnam
- Applications of Singularity Theory to Problems in Medical Imaging, Jim Damon, Chapel Hill, USA
- An approach to valuations and local resolution of singularities, Bernard Teissier, Institut de Mathématiques de Jussieu, Paris, France
Deadline for registration :
October 6, 2013
Application procedure and Online registration only for applicants not from Vietnam
Applicants from Vietnam must contact the local organizer : Nguyen Viet Dung, vietdung at math.ac.vn